If you’re a senior childcare solicitor looking for a new challenge, this is a great opportunity for you to join a well-established team in York. Your role will be to replace another senior solicitor and help to grow the childcare law offering further; dealing with complex care proceedings on behalf of children, parents and other family members. In return, the firm offers a chance to grow and develop further with a clear, meritocratic progression structure; this a great opportunity for someone who would like to work in a small, friendly team without the pressure of having to build up a caseload from scratch.
Childcare Solicitor (10 PQE+) – York
- Multiservice firm which has been known for their commitment to the local community with multiple offices in the area.
- Based in a central location in York within easy reach of the train station location with regular train services from around the county.
- You will be part of a small, close-knit childcare department that deals with a range of children law matters, including representing children, parents and other relatives and guardians.
- Commutable from Harrogate, Leeds, Bradford, North Yorkshire
The ideal candidate
- Care solicitor with 10 PQE+
- Running your own caseload of care matters including the representation of all parties in public law matters
- You will have strong guardian links across the region as well as business development skills which you will utilise to grow the department further.
- Advocacy experience essential
- Panel membership essential
- 1:1 secretarial support
- Employee assistance programme
- Health plan
- Team do’s including meals and summer outings
- Staff Liaison Committee
- 25 days holiday and extra days over Christmas
- Pension scheme
The next step
To register your interest in this Childcare Solicitor (10 PQE+) vacancy, select the ‘APPLY’ option. Alternatively, contact Paula at Realm Recruit for a confidential chat.
Know someone else who might be suitable for this role? If so, get in touch – we offer up to £500 in vouchers for successful referrals.