A genuinely rare opportunity for a commercial litigator to go in-house. You will join the specialist in-house legal team of a boutique, albeit fast-growing, insurance company. You will be involved in assessing a variety of matters and tasked with determining their viability or otherwise to be insured. You will receive training in underwriting and develop a broader insurance skill-set to compliment your legal background. This role benefits from a healthy work/life balance and comes without arduous billing targets.
Commercial Litigation Solicitor (In-House) – Manchester
The company & role
- A boutique insurance company, offering a niche ATE product in relation to a broad spectrum of litigation
- A company with significant financial backing following a recent investment
- An ambitious company with an eye on continued future growth
- You will focus on managing commercial schemes to include underwriting new risks and auditing the performance of legal expense risks
- You will be entrusted with assessing incoming applications and claims, making informed decisions accordingly
- You will act as the main point of contact between solicitors, brokers and the team, maintaining professional relationships both internally and externally
The ideal candidate
- A Solicitor or Legal Executive with solid experience in commercial litigation
- A lawyer with a good understanding of protocols within the insurance industry such as GDPR and the Data Protection Act
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of claims to include quantum, limitation and liability
- Highly competitive pay
- Additional days annual leave for your birthday
- Onsite parking
- Funding support for practising certificate or ILEX
The next step
To register your interest in this In-House Commercial Litigation Solicitor vacancy, select the ‘APPLY’ option. Alternatively, contact Joseph at Realm Recruit.
Know someone else who might be suitable for this role? If so, get in touch – we offer up to £500 in vouchers for successful referrals.
You can view more opportunities on the Realm Recruit website. Please note: any references to salary and/or experience in our adverts are intended as a guide only.