In this Contentious Probate Solicitor role, you will join the top tier ranked Contentious Trusts and Probate department of an incredibly forward-thinking, award winning firm. They are one of the largest and most respected firms in the Manchester area outside of the City Centre. Their track-record of blending quality work, with an unrivalled team-orientated working environment, and a healthy work-life balance has long made them an employer of choice.
Contentious Probate Solicitor – South Manchester
- Legal 500 listed Contentious Trusts and Probate team
- One of The Times Best Law Firms 2019
- The role will report directly to the Head of Department Partner and will involve providing the highest quality advice to clients on all types of probate litigation, including IPFDA claims, validity challenges, removal of executors, construction applications and claims for proprietary estoppel.
- You will be responsible for acting for claimants and defendants on IPFDA claims and validity challenges, including drafting proceedings, drafting witness statements, undertaking disclosure and instructing counsel. You will also assess and review enquiries and advise members of the public, converting those enquiries into clients. You will also be involved in assisting with matters arising from the Private Client team, including advising on Estates that become contested.
- Popular South Manchester location with convenient public transport links nearby.
- Commutable from Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Merseyside, Stockport, Wilmslow, Warrington, Altrincham, Macclesfield
The ideal candidate
- Contentious Probate Solicitor with a minimum of 3PQE
- Good academic record and training
- Excellent client management and matter management skills
- Eager to continue to progress your career
- The ability to work well with experienced professionals, within a team orientated environment whilst maintaining high work standards and find sound solutions to complex legal issues
- You will be expected to conduct your own work as a lead fee earner on a wide range of probate litigation matters, providing high quality advice representing a leading law firm, and so experience within a similar position is essential
- Private healthcare
- Death in service
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous employer pension contribution
- Subsidised gym membership
- Modern, open-plan office
- Award-winning culture
The next step
To register your interest in this Contentious Probate Solicitor vacancy, select the ‘APPLY’ option. Alternatively, contact Kelly at Realm Recruit.
Know someone else who might be suitable for this role? If so, get in touch – we offer up to £500 in vouchers for successful referrals.
You can view more opportunities on the Realm Recruit website. Please note: any references to salary and/or experience in our adverts are intended as a guide only.