Criminal Defence Solicitor
Are you a Criminal Defence Solicitor looking for:
- The chance to work for an award-winning law firm with an international presence
- To be part of a team led by a Legal 500 recommended lawyer and do top quality work
- To benefit from agile working, spending 2 days a week in the state-of-the-art office with the option to work the remainder of the week from home
A top 20 firm with an international presence are looking for an ambitious Criminal Defence Solicitor to join their team in Manchester city centre.
In this role, you will be part of the Criminal Defence sub-team, which is probably the largest of its kind in the UK, has national coverage across the UK with experts in many different classes of criminal investigations, prosecutions and inquests, including: high profile inquest and D&O cases; defending motor prosecutions – routinely the more serious / fatal matters; defending HSE and Local Authority / Environment Agency prosecutions; complex care home and CQC-related cases.
In return, you will be able to work from home and receive an extensive benefits package. What’s more, the firm has a very good track record of promoting its staff, so this is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to handle top-quality work and progress your career.
Criminal Defence Solicitor – Manchester
The company & role
- An award-winning international law firm with a hugely impressive infrastructure
- The firm offers a great deal of flexibility allowing you to work from home so office travel is minimum.
- The firm are ranked as a Top 30 Employer for Working Families and among the Top 75 employers in the Social Mobility Employer Index
- They also featured in this year’s Stonewall Top 100 list which showcases the best places to work for LGBTQ employees
- Commutable from Manchester, Cheshire, High Peak and Merseyside
Added extras and benefits
- Home working
- An excellent benefits package including life insurance, share plan and private medical insurance
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Genuine progression prospects
The ideal candidate
- A Criminal Defence Solicitor with NQ-3 years’ PQE
- Will have some experience of doing criminal defence work for insurers, as well as some experience of handling Inquest matters.
- Will have a keen eye for detail
- Will be an articulate and confident communicator
How to apply for this Criminal Defence Solicitor role
If this sounds like the job for you, you can apply via this website by clicking ‘Apply’ above.
Alternatively, to learn more about this opportunity or to register your interest, contact Duane Cormell on the email above.
At Realm our specialist insurance team recruit for the full range of commercial insurance lawyers. Working with commercial insurance, property damage and professional indemnity departments across the North West, we recruit for roles at all levels, from paralegal to Partner. If you’re a commercial insurance lawyer looking to make a move, we can help you take your next step.
Know someone else who might be suitable?
If so, get in touch – if we find your referral a job, we’ll reward you with up to £500 in vouchers of your choice. Find out more here.
Please note: any references to salary and/or experience in our adverts are intended as a guide only.
Realm is committed to supporting disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. Applicants are invited to contact Realm to identify any additional support they might require to enable them to make an application.
£30,000 - £50,000
- Greater Manchester
- Hybrid working
Ready? Apply for this role now
Not sure if this role is right for you?
If you're unsure whether this job is exactly the right fit for you, and are looking for more guidance on similar roles that could suit you better? Feel free to talk to our dedicated consultant, Duane Cormell, with a no-obligation call at a time that's convenient to you.
Worried your CV isn't up-to-scratch? Don't worry, we can also help you with fine-tuning your CV, whether it's for this particular role, another we've listed, or just a general update. We know it's one of the most nerve-wracking aspects of applying for a job, and we want to make it as simple and easy as possible for you. Our consultants are well-versed in this field and will do everything they can to ensure that you have a successful application.