An opportunity for a legal secretary or assistant, or somebody in an administration capacity in a law firm to re-train as a costs draftsperson working on the costs relating legally aided family, childcare and Court of Protection cases. This is a chance to join a down-to-earth firm in the Greater Manchester area that really looks after its staff. You will prepare, submit and process all types of costs drafting work, including submitting claims on the Legal Aid Agency’s electronical portal. You will benefit from the firm’s commitment to continually training existing staff, which has seen them been given the “Investors in people – Gold” accreditation.
Trainee Costs Draftsman – Greater Manchester
The company & role
- They’ve a deep rooted history of serving clients in their local area, they are very much a lynchpin of the community.
- You will work on cost cases for legally aided family, childcare and court of protection
- Commutable from Manchester, Stockpot, Ashton-under-Lyne, Tameside, Oldham, Rochdale, High Peak
- Contributory pension
- Death in service
- Firm-wide bonus scheme
- Option to purchase extra holidays
The ideal candidate
- GCSEs at A-C grade
- Sound knowledge of legal aid and how it works and/or exposure to costs work
- Keen interest in costs
- Keen to learn and develop new sills
- Good attention to detail and can work to deadlines/targets
The next step
To register your interest in this Trainee Costs Draftsman vacancy, select the ‘APPLY’ option. Alternatively, contact Lucy at Realm Recruit.
Know someone else who might be suitable for this role? If so, get in touch – we offer up to £500 in vouchers for successful referrals.