Employment Solicitor – Warwickshire
Experience: Compliance Manager within a law firm environment
Commutable from: Birmingham, Warwickshire, Coventry, Rugby, Solihull, Redditch, West Midlands
This is a fixed term contract for approximately 12 months.
Part time/flexible working arrangements can be considered
Our client is a full-service law firm, and one of the largest and longest standing in the Warwickshire area. Their ethos is one of respect, with emphasis being placed across the firm on the provision of superb client-care. An established and forward thinking firm offering interesting, challenging and rewarding career opportunities. They benefit from strong expertise in family and private client matters, medical negligence, personal injury, immigration, civil and commercial litigation, commercial property, conveyancing, criminal law and employment law. LEXCEL accredited and a member of the Law Society CQS panel.
An opportunity has arisen for a Solicitor in the Civil Litigation and Employment Department. The successful candidate will undertake fee earning work for clients in the field of employment law, dealing with tribunal representation, contract drafting and general advice work (Claimant and Defendant). Civil Litigation experience would also be a benefit.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Undertaking all aspects of employment law to include handling existing work and developing the work of the department through cross selling to existing clients of the firm and new clients;
- Advise on TUPE and employment aspects of business transfers;
- Undertaking or arranging representation in tribunal and Court (where applicable);
- Providing an efficient and quality service to clients for the resolution of their disputes;
- Attending networking events and exhibitions to assist in the development of the department;
- Accurate time recording and management of billing and debtors to meet budgets;
- Ensuring compliance and risk management procedures are followed.
Ideal Candidate Criteria:
- 4 years PQE + Employment experience;
- Current employment legislation and procedures;
- Ability and willingness to act as a team player;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and business development skills;
- Drafting skills;
- Advocacy skills;
- IT proficient and familiar with Microsoft word, Outlook and Excel applications;
- Awareness of cyber security issues and Data protection.
Driving licence and use of a car is essential;
The next step:
To register your interest in this Employment Solicitor vacancy, select the ‘APPLY NOW’ option. Alternatively email Kelly at Realm Recruit.
Want to keep up to date with industry news, trending topics, and new opportunities? Follow us on...
LinkedIn: Realm Recruit