- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to manage the fee earner diaries
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with company procedure
- To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch if required.
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the admin assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- To requisition and make payments associated with department cases.
- To make telephone calls to the court barristers and legal opposition in connection with department hearings and also case progression.
- Monitor and action own and partner task list
- To perform any such task required by the Partner to support them in the efficient management of cases, including monitoring important dates/deadlines, autonomously producing chaser letters and chaser calls, dealing with routine incoming letters
- Creating and updating cases on Proclaim
- Provide ongoing support to team regarding policies and systems
- Produce agenda & minutes for meetings.
- Assisting with the allocation and monitoring of work within the costs department.
- To create and sometimes work from management reports.
- Ensure department has stationary supplies, printer cartridges, paper, calculators etc.
- Organise team social events
- Monitor team holiday requests and manage holiday calendar
- To provide support to other secretaries and the administration team as required.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a legal secretary, ideally PA experience. Further the candidate must have a background in personal injury litigation. Costs and budgeting experience are desirable but not essential. The candidate should have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, a strong command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar and GCSE level mathematics. An audio typing speed of 65+ wpm and experience of the Proclaim case management system and Excel will be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrable legal secretarial experience within costs/personal injury
- Computer literate
- Excellent command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar (we may test at interview)
- GCSE mathematics
- Knowledge of the Proclaim case management system
- Audio typing speed of 65+ words per minute
- Experience in costs and or budgeting
- Experience of requisitioning of payments