Deputy Head of Wills and Probate
Are you a Wills and Probate Solicitor looking for:
- Clear and quick progression to Associate Director (Salaried Partner)
- A salary of £55,000 to £60,000 plus monthly bonus and benefits
- A hybrid working model to best support your work life balance
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firms growing Probate and Wills team of 10. The growth of this area of law is one of the main focuses of the business, and further recruitment is planned.
In this Deputy Head of Wills and Probate role, you will join a leading North West firm at their office in Macclesfield. You will take over an existing and varied caseload and be part of a close-knit and friendly Probate and Wills team.
The firm have offered home working in the past and are very flexible, what’s more, if you’re looking to reduce your hours, the firm may be open to the right candidate working a 4-day week.
This is a great opportunity to join a down-to-earth team, handle interesting and varied work, learn new skills and further develop your career.
Deputy Head of Wills and Probate – Cheshire
The company & role
- A well-established but forward-thinking practice with several offices across Cheshire and High Peak
- The firm are looking for someone who would be looking to progress quickly in seniority to a level equivalent to Salaried Partner / Associate Director
- In this role its essential to have great technical skills already in Probate and Wills work, and also is competent in Trust work, and inheritance tax planning.
- The firm support the development of their employees and provide plenty of learning and development opportunities
- You will be part of a large firm liaising with and supported by a separate support services teams covering, Accounts, HR, Compliance, IT and Marketing.
- They are accredited by both Lexcel and The Law Society
- Commutable from Macclesfield, Buxton, Congleton, Wilmslow and Stockport
Added extras and benefits
- Generous holiday allowance (increasing with length of service)
- Your birthday off
- Death in service
- Discretionary bonus
The ideal candidate
- A Wills and Probate Solicitor with at least 5+ years’ PQE
- A member of STEP is preferable but this is not essential.
- Some previous management experience is also essential as you will be managing and training a busy team.
- Will have good commercial awareness and a passion for marketing, ability to present to potential clients and confidence in all aspects of client care is also essential.
- Will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply for this Deputy Head of Wills and Probate role
If this sounds like the job for you, you can apply via this website by clicking ‘Apply’ above.
Alternatively, to learn more about this opportunity or to register your interest, contact Kelly Reid on the email above.
Kelly is an Associate Director and Private Client Team Lead at Realm. Working exclusively within private client, contentious probate and court of protection recruitment, she works with law firms of all sizes across the North West and Yorkshire, from private client boutiques to multi-service national firms. Kelly’s in-depth market knowledge and contacts enable her to match private client solicitors with the right firms and roles for them.
Know someone else who might be suitable?
If so, get in touch – if we find your referral a job, we’ll reward you with up to £500 in vouchers of your choice. Find out more here.
Please note: any references to salary and/or experience in our adverts are intended as a guide only.
Realm is committed to supporting disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. Applicants are invited to contact Realm to identify any additional support they might require to enable them to make an application.
£55,000 - £60,000
- Greater Manchester
- Hybrid working