Welcome to the Realm Recruit Limited’s privacy notice.
Realm Recruit Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (our ‘website’) (regardless of where you visit it from) and when personal data is provided to us by other means (including, but not limited to, telephone, mail, email and by filling out forms (please see section 3 below)), as well as informing you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Please also use the Glossary at section 10 below to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Realm Recruit Limited collects and processes your personal data. For candidates, this will include any data you may provide to us when you provide us with a copy of your CV, submit an enquiry with us or when you share this information to us by email, telephone, mail, in person or otherwise. This will also cover information we receive from third-party platforms and ‘job-boards’ when you have shown an interest in a work role. For clients, this will include any data you may provide to us when enquiring about our recruitment services or when you share this information to us by email, telephone, mail, in person or otherwise, including employee contact details for the purpose of providing our services to you.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Realm Recruit Limited (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our) is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
We have appointed a data privacy manager (DPM) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights (please see section 9 below), please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Full name of legal entity: Realm Recruit Limited (Company number: 09701216)
Name or title of data privacy manager: Duane Cormell
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 03300 245 606
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 24/05/2018 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our website may include links to third-party websites (including, but not limited to, social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter), plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, gender and national insurance number.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services provided to you, namely recruitment services.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your CV, business development and networking information, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, employment history, salary, references and referees, benefits package, professional development, training, professional memberships, business plan, disciplinary details and proceedings, skills and attributes, education details, qualifications and other similar information.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Please note: We kindly request that you do not provide us with any Special Category Data (including within the content of your CV) unless you are specifically requested to do so.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you for the purposes of recruitment services. In this case, we may be unable to provide the recruitment services you have requested but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.