A well-respected multi-service Yorkshire firm is looking for a Private Family Solicitor to join their team in York city centre.
As part of the firm’s Legal-500 recognised family team, you will handle a varied caseload and will assist senior colleagues. You will also be involved in marketing and business development activity in order to help generate new business.
The firm offer flexible working to their lawyers, so this is the ideal opportunity for a family solicitor who is looking to improve their work-life balance.
Private Family Solicitor – York
The company & role
- A progressive, multi-service regional firm with offices across North and East Yorkshire and a very well-regarded family team
- You will manage your own varied caseload of family work, including divorces, private children’s law, financial remedy and cohabitee/unmarried disputes
- You will be working directly with the firm’s two successful family partners and have exposure to a range of exciting work.
- The firm will support you if you wish to specialise in one area of family law as opposed to covering all areas
- The firm supports a number of good causes, both in Yorkshire and nationally and has close connections to the local community
- They are very supportive of their lawyers’ development; a number of the firm’s senior solicitors joined at a junior level and have progressed through the ranks
- While you will be based in York, you will occasionally be required to travel to other offices
- Commutable from York, Leeds, Harrogate, Malton and Ripon
Added extras and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Home working
- Competitive salary
- Close-knit team and a friendly and supportive working culture
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package
The ideal candidate
- A Family Solicitor with 1+ years’ PQE
- Will have experience of handling matters involving divorce, financial remedy and private children work
- Will have excellent client care and communication skills
- Will be capable of working independently
How to apply for this Private Family Solicitor role
If this sounds like the job for you, you can apply via this website by clicking ‘Apply’ above.
Alternatively, to learn more about this opportunity or to register your interest, contact Lucy on 03300 245 606 or email email@example.com.
Lucy is an Associate Consultant at Realm and specialises in recruiting family solicitors across Yorkshire. She works with family departments at firms of all shapes and sizes in Leeds, York, Harrogate and Huddersfield. If you are looking for a new position, Lucy is ready to help you make a move.
Know someone else who might be suitable?
If so, get in touch – if we find your referral a job, we’ll reward you with up to £500 in vouchers of your choice. Find out more here.
Please note: any references to salary and/or experience in our adverts are intended as a guide only.
Realm is committed to supporting disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. Applicants are invited to contact Realm to identify any additional support they might require to enable them to make an application.
£30,000 - £50,000
- South Yorkshire
- Hybrid working