Commercial Litigation Lawyer (In-House)
A specialist funding provider to law firms are looking for a Commercial Litigation Lawyer with 3-5 years’ PQE to join their growing team in Manchester.
In this role, you will be assessing cases in order to determine whether the risk profile is suitable to be provided with litigation funding.
This is an amazing opportunity for a lawyer looking to step away from private practice and work with a broad range of clients in a hands-on role. There is genuine room for progression at this business as they are only at the beginning of their growth journey.
Commercial Litigation Lawyer (In House) – Manchester
The company & role
- A specialist practice that works with a wide range of domestic and international law firms, businesses and service providers
- You will join a highly experienced and dynamic team with decades of combined knowledge in the legal and financial markets to assist in the underwriting, evaluation and management of litigation investments
- You will be dealing with a range of high quality, complex commercial disputes (including group actions, shareholder disputes, fraudulent representation disputes and professional negligence), assessing cases in order to determine whether the risk profile is suitable to be provided with litigation funding
- You will assist in the management and tracking of the company’s investment pipeline
- You will be the business’ in-house legal expert, as the rest of the team are non-lawyers
- You will cultivate and grow relationships with law firms, in-house legal departments and other professional service firms
- Commutable from Manchester, Altrincham, Bolton, Knutsford and Wilmslow
Added extras and benefits
- Competitive pay
- Annual bonus
- Equity plan participation
- Partial homeworking available
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Genuine progression prospects
- The chance to join a business at the beginning of its growth
- Strong commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility work, supporting a range of charitable and environmental causes
- Strong transport links
The ideal candidate
- A Commercial Litigation Solicitor or Legal Executive with 3-5 years PQE
- Will be able to identify and assess complicated legal and financial issues, present them clearly and propose solutions
- Will have good time management skills
- Will have a good knowledge of the commercial funding market
- Will be used to working within a target-driven, team environment
How to apply for this Commercial Litigation Lawyer role
If this sounds like the job for you, you can apply via this website by clicking ‘Apply’ above.
Alternatively, to learn more about this opportunity or to register your interest, contact Rebecca Blundell at Realm Recruit.
Rebecca is an Associate Consultant at Realm and specialises in the recruitment of litigation lawyers. Working with departments across the North West and Yorkshire, she recruits for commercial litigation, property litigation and financial litigation roles at all levels. Rebecca’s experience in the legal sector and expert market knowledge means that she is perfectly placed to help you take your next step.
Know someone else who might be suitable?
If so, get in touch – if we find your referral a job, we’ll reward you with up to £500 in vouchers of your choice. Find out more here.
Please note: any references to salary and/or experience in our adverts are intended as a guide only.
Realm is committed to supporting disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. Applicants are invited to contact Realm to identify any additional support they might require to enable them to make an application.
£45,000 - £55,000
- Greater Manchester
- Hybrid working
Ready? Apply for this role now
Not sure if this role is right for you?
If you're unsure whether this job is exactly the right fit for you, and are looking for more guidance on similar roles that could suit you better? Feel free to talk to our dedicated consultant, Rebecca Blundell, with a no-obligation call at a time that's convenient to you.
Worried your CV isn't up-to-scratch? Don't worry, we can also help you with fine-tuning your CV, whether it's for this particular role, another we've listed, or just a general update. We know it's one of the most nerve-wracking aspects of applying for a job, and we want to make it as simple and easy as possible for you. Our consultants are well-versed in this field and will do everything they can to ensure that you have a successful application.